Building Dashboards in Excel
Upcoming Dashboard Training in Excel
We are presently not running this courses as a Live Online public course. However, if you are looking for something similar may we suggest you check out our other Excel training courses.
Building Dashboards with Excel Part 1
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Prepare Spreadsheets Ready for Pivot Tables
- Get Pivot Tables Ready for Dashboards
- Create and Arrange Dashboards in Microsoft Excel
- Add Interactivity to your Dashboards
- Live Instructor Led Training
- Comprehensive Online Courseware
- E-Certificate of Completion
- No Need to Travel
Building Dashboards in Excel - Course Outline
- Correct way to enter data (Numbers / Text / Dates)
- Understanding Tables in Connection with Creating a Dashboard
- Basic VLOOKUP
- Basic IF
- Date Functions
10 minute break - Stretch your legs - Get a cup tea or coffee
- Refreshing Pivot Table Data
- Understanding Values, Rows, Columns & Filters
- Use Formatting to Present an Easy to Understand Pivot Table
- Filtering & Sorting Pivot Tables
- Creating and Connecting Slicers
- Creating Pivot Charts from Pivot Tables
- Line Chart
- Pie Chart
- Bar Chart
- Column Chart
- Adding a Trendline
- Formatting Pivot Charts
- Linking to data in Pivot Tables
- Creating Hyperlinks
- Aligning and Distributing Pivot Charts and Shapes
- Locking Shapes
- Sheet Protection
Book a Class
This course will be designed at those who either have just started using PivotTables, or are using them to a limited degree. During this course you will see how you can create Pivot Charts from your Pivot Tables along with Slicers enabling you to interact with your data. Plus, when your data source updates, you will also see your dashboard update.
This course is designed to be online conducted using the Zoom platform. See below for details. In addition before the course you would need Excel installed on your computer
What do I need to participate?
To get the best out of your training sessions it is recommended that you have a:
- Stable Internet Connection
- Webcam (usually already on most laptops)
- Microphone (usually on laptops)
- Nice comfy place to learn
- Big cup of tea
If you haven't got a microphone you can still take part by dialling in using your phone. Before the training course we will email you with joining instructions which will include the option to dial in.
One more thing, during this class you will learn more by following along with the instructor. So if you are able to use a second screen this would enable you to follow the one screen while carrying out the exercises on the other. Though this is not absolutely necessary, it would help your learning experience.
Check out our blog for more Zoom hints and tips. We also have free Zoom tutorial videos.
Should you need any assistance in setting up Zoom for you or your employees you are more that welcome to contact us: email@example.com.
Preparation will help you get the best out of your online training course. So please take the time to look through these Zoom tutorials.
Don't have the time for videos? Our blog has loads of Zoom tips to help you get the best out of your training course.