Power BI Training Classes Online
Upcoming Power BI Online Training Classes
We presently haven't any public Power BI Training Classes planned, but please check out our Power BI private training sessions.
Power BI Training Class - Beginners
Power BI Online Class Outline:
- Getting Data from Excel
- Importing Data from Other Sources
Creating Calculated Columns
- Date Formulas
Using Visualisations to create a dashboard
- Formatting Visualisations
- Adding a Slicer
- Sorting the Month Order Problem
- Multiple Labels on Axis
- Drilling Down
- Understanding Hierarchies
- Edit Interactions
10 minute break - Stretch your legs - Get your tea
- Adding Filters
- The difference between Visualization, Page and Report Filters
Laying out a Page
- Adding Arrows and Comments
- Writing Text
- Aligning Visuals on a report
- Importing Custom Visual from the Web
- Timeline Slicer Visualisation
- Signing in
- Publishing your Report
This instructor led online Power BI training course is designed for someone who wants to simply get started with Power BI desktop. A student should have a basic understanding of Excel or other spreadsheet program .
This Live Online class is designed to be conducted using the Zoom platform.See below for details. In addition before the course you would need:
Power BI Training Class - Intermediate
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Learn How to Use the Power Query Editor to Restructure your Data
- Understand the Basics of Data Modelling
- Utilise Drilldown and KPI's to Get Answers From Your Data
- Create Basic Time Intelligence Measures
- Live Instructor Led Training
- Comprehensive Online Courseware
- E-Certificate of Completion
- No Need to Travel
Using the Power Query Editor
- Importing Data
- Handling Errors
- Using Applied Steps
- Correcting Data Types
- Changing the Data Source
- Merge Columns
- How to Use Create Column from Example
Data Modelling with Relationships & Keys
- Why Create Relationships Between Your Data Sources?
- How to Create a Relationship
- Calendar Tables
10 Minute Break - Stretch your Legs - Get a Cup of Tea
- Creating a Map
- Using KPI's
- Drilling Down
Basic Dax Formulas
- Understanding Measures
- Using Quick Measures
- Calculating Year to Date
How do you handle data? This instructor led online Power BI training course is principally designed for those who want to get a handle on their data. Whereas the previous course dealt primarily with getting visualisations together, this one shows you how to deal with data.
The course also is conducted using the Zoom platform See below for details. In addition before the course you would need:
- Power BI desktop downloaded and installed.
(This How to install Power BI desktop? tutorial might help.)
- Excel installed
- Although it is preferable that you have previously attended the beginners Power BI online course, it is not essential.
What do I Need to Participate?
To get the best out of your training sessions it is recommended that you have a:
- Internet Connected Computer
- Webcam (usually already on most laptops)
- Microphone (usually on laptops)
- Nice Comfy Place to Learn
- Big Cup of Tea
If you haven't got a microphone you can still take part by dialling in using your phone. Before the training course we will email you with joining instructions which will include the option to dial in.
One more thing, during this Power BI class you will learn more by following along with the instructor. So if you are able to use a second screen this would enable you to follow the one screen while carrying out the exercises on the other. Though this is not absolutely necessary, it would help your learning experience.
For further guidance please have a look at this Zoom tutorial video on how to join a meeting.
Should you need any assistance in setting up zoom for you our your employees you are more that welcome to contact us: email@example.com.
Preparation will help you get the best out of your online training course. So please take the time to look through these Zoom tutorials.
Don't have the time for videos? Our blog has loads of Zoom tips to help you get the best out of your training course.