Power BI DAX Training Course Beginners
DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) is the language of such analytical tools as PowerBI, Power Pivot and SQL server. Having a thorough understanding of DAX will allow you to develop visualisations and present data in any way you want. No longer are you constrained to using the standard formula that comes with Excel. You no more have to work out complex time analysis functions that should be straightforward. Formulas such as Year to Date or Quarter to Date or even working out how much you''ve earned this financial year.
Although DAX can be used in a number of scenarios, the course primarily concentrates on DAX for PowerBI. You will see how understanding more about DAX will give you power and control over your visualisations and in that way allow you to present your data in a fantastically clear way.
What is Dax?
- DAX in the World of Excel
- Cells vs Tables
- Iterators - what are they?
- Understanding DAX calculations
- DAX data types
- DAX operators
- Calculated Columns vs Measures
- Error Handling in DAX
- Formatting DAX Code
- Common DAX Functions
Basic Table Functions
- What are Table Functions?
- EVALUATE Syntax
- Table Expressions
- Understanding FILTER
- Understanding ALL, ALLEXCEPT, and ALLNOBLANKROW
- UNDERSTANDING VALUES and DISTINCT
Understanding Evaluation Contexts
- Introduction to Evaluation Contexts
- Understanding the row context
- Using SUM in a calculated column
- Using columns in a measure
- Row context with Iterators - EARLIER function
- Working with many tables
- Row contexts and relationships
- Filter context with relationships
- Introducing Values
- Introducting ISFILTERED, ISCROSSFILTERED
CALCULATE and CALCULATETABLE
- Understanding CALCULATE
- Understandng the filter context
- CALCULATE examples
- Filtering a single column
- Filtering with complex conditions
- Using CALCULATETABLE
- What are circular dependencies
- CALCULATE rules
- Introducing ALLSELECTED
- Understanding USERELATIONSHIP
- Finding ratios and percentages
- Cumulative Totals
- Using ABC (Pareto) Classification
- Finding Sales per day and Working day
- Differences in working days
- Static moving averages
Time Intelligence Calculations
- What is time intelligence?
- Building a Date table
- Handling multiple relationships to the Date table
- Aggregating overtime (Year-to-date|Quarter-to-date)
- Opening and Closing Balances
Beginners Power BI Prices from:
If you are interested in this course but want to know the price beforehand then use the the following form to calculate how much.
If you are interested in this course fill out the following form for further details:
This course focuses primarily on the DAX and how it can be used in certain situations. Although this is a beginners DAX course, it would be advisable for someone to have been through the PowerBI introduction training course beforehand. This way students can ensure that the training can focus on creating measures and calculated columns. Not working out how to put a pie chart onto a dashboard.